It says I have to file by mail but then loops back to asking for my ID whenever I click file

Every time I click file by mail, it says my federal tax return choice is file by mail and my DC tax return choice is E-File.  When I click continue, it asks me if I have a drivers license, then to input the info, then for consent to file my DC return, then returns me to a screen where I have the options to file by mail or fix federal return.  I don't know how to push it through so it will file.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DanaB

Please be aware that if you do not e-file the federal then you cannot e-file the state.  You will have to print and mail the state return as well.