jtc4090

It keeps saying "Taxpayer SSN should not be entered directly on the Georgia information worksheet for electronic filing. You must complete the federal worksheet"

Once I take the ssn off it will tell me that there is something wrong with my information page and it will have me enter my ssn again
BMcCalpin

There is a similar situation in many states. Try the following:

TurboTax tells you (correctly) that you need to have your SS number for your state return. It then offers a box and a worksheet to enter the SSN. Then, when you enter the SSN, it tells you "You can't do that here."

Obviously, this doesn't make any sense.

What you need to do is:

• erase this entry in the state return (because you won't be able to finish the state review so long as this entry is here).
  • jump to your personal info on your federal return.
  • add the missing information, like your SSN.
  • then return to the state return and see if the state return will clear the review.

If that doesn't clear the state return, then you may have to delete the state return and re-enter it, so that the personal information on the federal return will be carried to the state anew.

dwest24

I was able to correct this by going to Forms mode, then choosing the state worksheet and deleting the social security number on the form.  When we went back to the Easy Steps mode, the problem was resolved.

urja

@dwest24, What exactly do you mean by forms mode here?

KrisD15

@urja

Forms mode is available with TurboTax Desktop only. 

When using TurboTax Desktop, you can enter your information in step-by-step (interviews) as in the Online programs, or switch to Forms Mode on the top right of the screen. Forms mode is just what it sounds like, it lets you enter directly on forms. 

If you are getting an error as described above, please go back through the "My Info" section on the federal return. If your social security number has not been entered there, please edit it. 

If this does not solve your issue, you may need to delete the state, make sure your social security number is listed on the federal return, and then start the state return over.