Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

buellalex

It has been saying for several days that the IRS has not finalized one of my forms, the Turbo Tax people say that all forms are ready... why can I not file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

It has been saying for several days that the IRS has not finalized one of my forms, the Turbo Tax people say that all forms are ready... why can I not file?

After the IRS release the form, it takes time for all tax software companies to create an electronic version of the form, get it approved by the IRS, and then code and test the software that supports the form.

Anytime a form is released late by a government body or if there have been last minute tax law changes, this causes delays.

The form will be available in TurboTax when the web page above says "available" for the form.

"BillM223 Employee Tax Expert"

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

We recommend that you sign up within TurboTax to be notified when your form is ready. When you try to e-file a form that's not available yet, you'll get a message with the option to sign up.

Please click on Review, on the left menu.  You may see a message "Some of your tax forms are not ready".  Below the message, you can select the link that says "I want to sign up for email notifications

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
useritt

I received an email saying my forms are now ready and your website says these forms are ready but when I go back to the software, it keeps on telling me my forms are not ready.

I checked for updates and it says my software is up to date.

This happened to me too with the Home and Business version.  Somehow, the program gets into a loop and won't update the federal forms and prevents filing by e-file or mail.

The solution was to completely uninstall the program and re-install it from scratch.  Then let it get the proper updates.

I also waited almost two weeks, letting Turbotax send me messages that the update was available when there was nothing to update.  Finally came up with this work-around.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies