Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rynofire

I was told to pay for my federal which was $59.99 to obtain my 2016 AGI. Now I was charged for my state which brought total to $114! All for my simple AGI????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
rynofire

I was told to pay for my federal which was $59.99 to obtain my 2016 AGI. Now I was charged for my state which brought total to $114! All for my simple AGI????

I was told I needed to purchase to obtain my AGI. I’m not using turbo tax this year so I don’t need state. What a rip off just to see my last years return
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

When you view the fees associated with your account, what exactly are the fees?

To view the fees, follow the instructions below:
After signing in to (continuing) your online return, select the blue/green Take Me To My Return button on the main screen.
Select Tax Tools on the left side of the screen and then Tools.
A Tools Center box will pop up on your screen with four blue boxes.
Select the My Fees box on the right.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rynofire

$44.99 state, $59.99 federal plus taxes. I didn’t need all that just to obtain my 2017 AGI. I’m using an accountant this year so this is money wasted that I don’t have
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you did not file the tax return, you can call customer support at (800) 446-8848 to discuss a refund of the state return.
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It appears you are filing using the TurboTax Deluxe edition. Deluxe has a fee for your Federal return, plus a fee for your state return. 

If you chose to have your fees deducted from your refund, there is an additional fee for the refund processing service. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies