turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joncosner

When will Turbotax Online fix whatever generates Form 2210 when there's no underpayment of estimated tax? CA requires me to e-file which I can't do until I file 1040.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Ashby

When will Turbotax Online fix whatever generates Form 2210 when there's no underpayment of estimated tax? CA requires me to e-file which I can't do until I file 1040.

This may work for you - There is a known issue with Form 2210 right now, see below.  If you don't want to or need to include the form, you can try going back to the interview and selecting ''Let the IRS calculate the penalty - bill me later''.    This will remove Form 2210 from your return.  

You can type ''underpayment penalty'' in the search box and use the Jump to link to get back to those questions.  Skip through them until you get to that question.  It will be last, see attached.    

If that does not work or you are still having issues, click the sign-up link in the FAQ Notice below and you will get an email letting you know when the issue has been resolved.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7185206

ISSUE  is NOT resolved.   Although error message went away,  I filed and got rejected due to this.  NOW  WHAT ???
Ashby

Only thing I can think of is that you may have a penalty for underpayment of tax. People have definitely been able to successfully file with the error message in this post. If you have a tax liability on your return, you may have a penalty that's causing this error.

I re filed AFTER going to Form 2210 Part II  and clicked on the button " Explain"  next to Box A which was checked.   A new Explanation section opened up which  I typed in "I do NOT owe a penalty as I overpaid my taxes.  YOU owe me".    My return was just accepted....     I guess the trick is typing in an explanation in the Statement Box that will open up on the Form 2210.  Just click the explain button.
Ashby

You are exactly right. It's the explanation. Glad you got filed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies