Jantje

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

Irene2805

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

Maybe - It is treated like a state tax refund and whether it's taxed depends on whether you itemized deductions on your 2018 return or took the standard deduction.  For an explanation, please see this TurboTax Help article:  Do I need to report the state or local refund I got last year? Is it taxable?

Irene2805

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

Charpaul46

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

The Virginia Tax Relief refund for the 2018 tax year was paid in 2019.  It did not come on a form such as a 1099-G.   When I tried inputting the refund amount under a tax refund, TURBOTAX started asking all kinds of questions that were not pertinent to this refund.  I still do not know where to input the refund amount.

JohnW222

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

Please see Irene2805's guidance for entering the Virginia Tax Relief payments.

Denby1

is Virginia Tax Relief Refund taxable

The VA Tax site indicates that money from the VA Tax Relief Refund is included in the amount shown on your VA 1099-G.  When comparing my return from last year to the amount on my 1099-G, the 1099-G was $220 higher.  So if you file what is on your 1099-G you should be correct.

https://www.tax.virginia.gov/news/your-1099-g1099-int-what-you-need-know#:~:text=Understanding%20you...