hampmac

Is TurboTax scheduled to automatically send my state tax payment on May 15th from my bank account or do I need to send the payment, myself?

SteamTrain

TTX doesn't send it.  TTX sends the info you entered to the state...along with all your other filing information, and the state does the withdrawal.....IF..IF you state is one that will do the Debit...because not all will do so..

Print out a copy of your tax file....and look for the Electronic Filing instructions for your state.  IF you arranged it properly, all the data....routing number, account number, and date of debit will show on that sheet.  

IF it isn't there, it isn't going to be done by your state and you have to pay separately by mail, or on the state's own payment website.

(makes double sure your state e-file is accepted.  IF it is rejected, then nothing happens.)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*