turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there something going on with Minnesota e-file?

My Minnesota state return has been rejected twice, and there are no errors. The error message reads, "M1 line D must equal federal adjusted gross income." These numbers do match, so I'm not sure why it keeps getting rejected. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

I am having the same issue. It had said something about a program update on Feb 7th, but I have checked again and cannot find a solution to the problem. Not sure what's going on..

I am having the same problem. I believe it is something on TurboTax's end. A bug or something. It tells me they have an update Feb. 7th that will fix the issue.

Same problem here.  State return has been rejected twice.  The amounts do not match for us, why I do not know.  Turbotax, please fix so we can file our state return!

Update:  For some reason, Turbotax is subtracting 24,000 which is the new standard deduction from our Federal gross income and placed that on our gross income of the MN state return.  That is why our MN return is being rejected.  Might have something to do with this which sounds like perhaps some of the tax laws in MN were not finalized: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.fox9.com/news/2018-minnesota-tax-returns-may-be-a-bigger-pain-than-usual">http://www.fox9...>

Same problem here.  M1 line D must equal federal adjusted gross income.  The problem that I see is M1 line D is for "Federal TAXABLE income", which is not the same as "federal adjusted gross income".  This needs to be fixed asap

There was supposed to be a program update today to fix it, but now when I log in it doesn't mention anything about that anymore and simply says to correct the errors and try to re-submit.  It says if it keeps getting rejected you may need to mail it in.  I think this thread is along the same lines as the issues we are having so not sure if it helps to read through that.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4538362-when-will-the-m1sa-be-available-for-minnesota">https://ttl...> I signed up for the email but haven't heard it was resolved, although my error code didn't match any described in this thread, but the issues people were having sounded very similar.  My preference would be that Turbotax fix the error in their system that is filling out the state forms incorrectly so we can submit it electronically.  I would prefer not to mail if possible.

Error code is gone. Resubmitted. Will keep you updated to whether it is accepted or not...

The error code only shows after it is rejected.  I can assure you it is not fixed as my M1 line D is different than my federal agi

It has been accepted.

Thanks for the update on your success!  This morning I re-filed ours and it was accepted as well.

Hey Nick, were your line D numbers still different?  Mine are different but I tried it again.  Not sure if this is/was a TT issue or a state issue

Hi, yeah they still were different, but it worked.  I wonder if the state changed something on their end?  I don't know for sure, I'm just glad it went through!

My Mn e-file has been rejected.  Reason given is line 29 on form M1M must not exceed $488.  I have 0 on that line & have been rejected twice.  Is there a problem with Turbo tax e-file for Minnesota?

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Form M1M is the form used for Income Additions and Subtractions.  If you are receiving the rejection that forms M!M must not exceed $488, you may have entered a subtraction during the interview stage.  To check this in TurboTax, you can follow these steps in TurboTax online:

1. Click State Returns 
  2. Click Edit next to Minnesota
  3. Continue until you get to "Tell Us About Any Income Adjustments."
  4. Verify if any information has been selected under adjustments
  5. Verify all boxes are left blank for categories that do not apply to you

If the interview screen is correct and you did not have any adjustments listed, you can delete the M1M form from your return by following these steps:

1. Click Tax Tools from the Left-Side Panel
  2. Click Tools
  3. Click Delete a Form
  4. Scroll Down to MN Return
  5. Click Delete next to M1M
  6. Confirm to Delete Form
  7. Click Continue with Return
  8. Return to State return and run the error check again

@newharley 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies