Ask the Experts all about moving >> Event happening TODAY!
c_edens

Is there are fix for "(Error Code : FW2-502, Form W-2, Employer Identification Number)". I am DESPERATLY trying to fix my rejected tax return.

c_edens

I KNOW how to fix the EIN issue. The problem is, the website will not allow me to, hence my posting of the Error Code. Someone that knows what they are doing please help me.....

Are you not able to log into the unfiled return ?  Can you not edit the W-2 that needs fixing ? Where are you stuck ?
c_edens

I am getting the Error Code provided in my initial post when I click “No” after reviewing which EIN’s are correct and which one isn’t. When I click “No”, it should give me the option(s) to edit, but it doesn’t and that’s where the whole thing stops. It seems to be a glitch within the webpage.
macuser_22

Don't try to correct the error.    Navigate to the W-2 section and edit the W-2 then correct the EIN on the W-2 entry itself.

When you find the W-2 with the error you may delete the form and reenter it again manually to make sure the error is fixed.
kjg1234

code fw2502