turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SRoc
Returning Member

Is there a way to scan 2018 return into 2019 TT?

I have used a professional tax preparer in the past. Is there a way to scan or enter a 2018 return into TT so information can be brought forward without TT resubmitting to the IRS? Specifically, I had my over-payment from last year applied to this year, and haven't been able to get TT to file a Schedule for me.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am in the same situation. I had to enter all the info from 2018 manually into the TT interview process. It was pretty easy. I don't think there is any way to scan it in.

During the interview process TT will ask you what taxes you paid last year, including any prepayments for 2019, like you did when you over-payed before. Once you have gone through the entire interview process, you can go to the Forms menu (in the pull-down up top of TT screen) and look for Schedule 3. It should show on line 8 the total amount being applied from your prior payments.

I hope this helps!

SRoc
Returning Member

Where during the interview process does TT ask what taxes you paid last year, other than property taxes? I have gone through the whole return and nothing. Also, how were you able to manually enter your 2018 info? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies