taea00

Is there a way to fix the Recipient's ssn on turbotax when filing a 1095-A? It's supposed to be his ssn, like on the physical form. On turbotax, it shows up as mine.

This is through the Health Insurance Marketplace. He is covered, I am not. TurboTax says I am healthcare recipient. Also has my ssn on the digital form. I cannot figure out how to correct this.

@taea00 wrote:

It has him as the recipient, and my name for "Recipient's Spouse". It has his social on the physical form, not mine. 

Assume that you are filing as Married Filing Jointly.  Since the Form 1095-A is for both of you, it does not matter whose SS number is listed first on the 1095-A.  Just enter the form and continue with the section until it completes.

ColeenD3

Delete the form and redo it. As you enter the Healthcare section, the program will ask to whom the 1095-A belongs. Then you can select the proper person.

Open your return in TurboTax. 

• In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  • In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  • Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions

taea00

This doesn’t work, thank you. 

ColeenD3

What happened when you tried it? Is the person your spouse or a dependent?

taea00

When I tried it again, it did not give an option to put in the "correct" information. It just had me enter the same information as before and my name and social were shown again. 

taea00

He is my spouse

@taea00 wrote:

He is my spouse

Did you get married in 2019?

ColeenD3

So, if my understanding is correct, he is the only one on the Form 1095-A. It does not include both of you?

taea00

No, we got married in 2018.

taea00

@taea00 wrote:

taea00

THANK YOU!! I am inexperienced at all of this. 

DawnC

You are welcome.  Since you are filing a Married filing Jointly return, it won't matter whose SSN is on the form since all of your information will be processed together. 

Dalimar23

Omggggg Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!