Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

loethan01

Is there a way to edit my California State Return? My return was rejected for the error /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CAForm540/PrincipalResidence/CountyInCalifornia

I included "County" instead of just the word "Orange" and the site seems to be unable to fix it or let me edit it myself.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Is there a way to edit my California State Return? My return was rejected for the error /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CAForm540/PrincipalResidence/CountyInCalifornia

You can get back to this screen to reenter the county in TurboTax by following the steps below:

1. Click on State on the left column. 
  2. Confirm that a resident return in the State of California is being filed. 
  3. Click continue.
  4. Answer the questions about your 2019 filing.
  5. On the next screen, titled Your Principal Residence, enter your county of residence.

Once the California county is reentered as outlined above, you can continue to refile your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Will this make your return take longer?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the return has already been rejected, it will be resubmitted again, which does put you as though you never filed before. 

The time will be the normal amount of time. >We cannot guarantee the amount of time it will be for the return to process. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I e-filed my CA return it was accepted & I subsequently discovered an error in my state tax withholding.

I over stated my withholdings & although I am entitled to a refund it should be for less $.

Should I file an amended return or just wait for state to pick up on my error & send me a reduced $ refund ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies