Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it possible to have an accountant file for you after you filed on Turbo tax but got rejected? My accountant is getting rejected now too by the IRS.

I filed but was missing a form, Turbo Tax said they would charge me to fix it so I went with a tax office instead. Now they can't file for me either and I am stuck in a loop.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is it possible to have an accountant file for you after you filed on Turbo tax but got rejected? My accountant is getting rejected now too by the IRS.

Yes, If your Turbo Tax return was rejected you can leave and go somewhere else.  Why did it reject?  Why is the accountant's return rejecting too?  Better check if your Turbo Tax return actually got Accepted.

How to check your efile status
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/check-e-file-status/L9...

When you log into your account you should see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

there a rejection code and message. If they know their business, they can interpret what the rejection concerns and can determine if it's possible to correct the issue. If they don't, they probably should not be in the business. Not all rejection issues can be fixed which would require mailing. 

It is not clear what all you have done -- or tried to do.    If you actually e-filed your return and the IRS accepted the e-file, it is not possible for anyone to file a return using your SSN now.  The IRS will not accept two tax returns using your SSN.  So ---was your TurboTax e-file accepted or rejected?  You say it was rejected and you did not fix it because there would be a charge.  A charge for what, exactly?  What form was missing?    Was the change or form you needed to add going to require an upgrade to a higher version of the software?   Are you sure you did not re-file and get it accepted?

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies