Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it normal for all Free File help screens to say "This content is not available"

I used it last year and don't recall what seems to be the entirety of the help screens being replaced with this (see below for pic).

But that looks to be the case now. Maybe a temporary problem? Or maybe this is a weird and hard-to-believe differentiator between the online TurboTaxes?

Ad blocker is disabled for the site, so it's not that. Tried multiple browsers, including Chrome.8KMQYyK.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Is it normal for all Free File help screens to say "This content is not available"

That should not be happening. It looks like TurboTax is not interacting properly with your computer. Often you can fix that by clearing the cache and cookies on your computer. You can "Google" how to do that if you don't know how it is done on your computer operating system.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In using it more extensively subsequently, I found that not all help screens are absent content, just some of them, leading me to conclude that the help is simply incomplete. I wouldn't have thought that to be the case.

I am experiencing the same behavior in TurboTax Free File - in TT supported versions of Firefox and Chrome, with cache cleared and enhanced tracking disabled. About 80-90% of the links state "This content is not available" - what gives?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you being asked to upgrade while working on your taxes?

@hot4money

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@AkinaLONo, I was not being asked to upgrade; the help content was just not available. Though this issue may no longer relevant as the robust version of TurboTax Free File has been discontinued. This user experience does not seem to occur in the paid version of TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies