Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taralynn

Is anyone else having trouble finding the place where you can input estimated tax payments paid throughout 2018?

None of the answers given are working for me. The sections they mention do not seem to exist on my version. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Is anyone else having trouble finding the place where you can input estimated tax payments paid throughout 2018?

You can enter estimated taxes you paid by following these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your tax return
  • Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All tax breaks, locate the section named Estimates and Other Taxes Paid and click Show more
  • Click on Start next to Estimated Tax Payments
  • On the next page, click Start next to Federal estimated taxes for 2018 (form 1040ES) (see attached screenshot)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
taralynn

Thank you for this answer, but there is not an "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid" section in my version. Only a "Income Taxes Paid," which only offers tax payments for extensions. What am I missing?
MinhT
Expert Alumni

Which TurboTax version are you using?
If you are using TurboTax Self-Employed, please follow exactly the instructions above. Scroll down the screen and you should see a section called Estimates and Other Taxes Paid. Click Show more next to it and you will see Federal estimated taxes for 2018. I have just checked on my version of TurboTax Self-Employed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies