turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS website reads stimulus payment sent

Ok so here is my issue. So when o filed last year I was at a different address. So I get on IRS website and my stimulus payment was sent on april 26th. I hadn't filed at the time due to waiting for my last w-2. I also sent in a paper change of address and sent to Fresno. I also filed one.with the USPS and read under FAQS  section and came across if I made an official COA with USPSthat my check should get forwarded to my new address. Is there any /truth to that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you officially changed your address with the USPS and the IRS, then your mail *should* get forwarded. However, human error occurs, so your check may have been sent to the wrong address. In that case, you will have to wait until the IRS resumes normal operations to reach out to them at 800 829 1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi and thanks partially answering my question. I moved to my current address in November and thats when I filled out COA form. However as I had stated the latter to your answer was a week before I filed my taxes. So I know for sure the IRS would be able to do nothing as far as stopping payment. So if USPS were able to catch the error,  from my knowledge my COA is good for up too a year. As far as receiving forwarded mail goes. If I receive no such payment will I get additional funds when I file for yr 2020?

Oh yeah so if it were scheduled for April 26th. How long does it normally take to receive a live check thru USPS from IRS?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies