Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS says I did not file? How/Why

I got my state refund. I payed my federal return. IRS still says i did not file 2018???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

The iRS says you did not file?  Or that you did not pay your 2018 tax due?  Do you have bank/credit card records showing that you paid?  Did you get a letter from the IRS?  It seems pretty early to get a letter from the IRS about a 2018 return, unless you filed a return with tax due and did not pay.  What does the letter say?  Is there a letter number or CP number in the upper corner?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

how and when did you file?.     e-filing closed 10/15/2019.  so if you filed after that you needed to mail your returns.  if you mailed your federal, did you use the same envelop or address as the state.  the state will toss the federal return.  the other possibility is the return got lost in the mail.    since you say you sent payment, you should check to see that it cleared.   are you sure it's the 2018 return?   

e-filing state is dependent on acceptance of e-filed federal. .  if you e-filed did you get acceptance notification for federal return.  

CP59

@dwain deets wrote:

CP59

Go to this IRS website for an IRS CP59 notice - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-cp59-notice

jvthomp4

I hate the thought of copying my 2018 business return (over 150 Pages) and having to send it certified probably costing more than $10. let alone buying several print cartridges to print it.  Can't you folks efile the tax return?.

Thanks,

Joan Thompson

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

No.  2018 Tax Returns can no longer be e-filed.

You may not have to copy and mail all pages of your business tax return.  Print the actual tax Forms, and anything that is a Schedule.  You do not need to send the Worksheets (usually the pages at the end of the return)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies