IRS Rejecting my 2019 taxes

rudjas

Can you tell me why IRS rejected our 2018 AGI of $51,828?

LinaJ2020

Because the 2018 AGI you submitted does not match the IRS record.  See the information below to confirm your 2018 AGI.  If you believe your information is correct and it's been rejected.  You would need to print out your tax return and submit by mail.  

To locate your Adjusted Gross Income AGI from last year, please follow these instructions:

If you have filed your last year 2018 tax return and have a copy of the tax forms, you may locate the amounts on line 7 on your 2018 Form 1040 or line 35 on 2018 Form 1040-NR if applies to you.

If you used TurboTax online to file, you can access your account here Login and download a copy of your prior year’s 1040 tax return to find your AGI.  Click here for instructions: Prior year's return

If you do not have a copy of the tax forms, you may order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  On the transcript, look under section "Adjustment to Income" and find the amount for Adjusted Gross Income.

rrambeau

Says 2018 AGI of $98,070 isn't what 2019 report sees so they keep rejecting 2019 form.  I have my 2018 return and line 7 clearly shows 98,070

KrisD15

Did you file Jointly in 2018? If so, did you reverse the order of the names or are you filing separately/single this year? 

If so, the AGI won't match IRS records.