Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tmohan65

Intuit Product and Service

I have spent the last month attempting to complete my return this year on Intuit.  I do have a special case involving an estate inheritance and was told their Premium Product would support, specifically a K-1 for estate inheritance income.  Other than that it was fairly straightforward. I have been working this for close to a month, purchased the Premium package as they said this would enable K-1 filing.  Everytime I call I get a different agent will a wide disparity of expertise - couple very good, others having difficulty even talking clearly with little subject matter knowledge.

Overall it has been a very frustrating experience, no continuity, or ownership of service. Have to start over with every agent, call.  Last agent finally admitted their software cannot fully proces my K-1 (Net Income, adjustments) leaving me with an excessive and not legitimate tax exposure on my inheritance. 

I find myself at a dead end after a month of effort to input my tax data, trying to get clear advice only to find they admit their software really does not support K-1 filing.  After I have loaded all my tax data - 1099's, Social security, deduction info and all. Has been "extremely" stressful for both myself and wife.

I find myself at a point where I need to start over completely with another service provider having wasted a complete month.

Most troubling is the lack of continuity in support services and basic knowledge and "communication" skills depending on what agent you get in a follow-on call. Basically "rolling the dice" every time.

VERY stressful experience, probably good for anyone with a simple return, but if it was truly that simple you probably don't even need an Intuit solution.

Very Frustrated Customer   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
SuziM

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I have forwarded your information to our research team. They will contact you if they have further questions. 

Tmohan65

Still have not heard back on why my form K-1 Beneficiary Income (Schedule 1041) does not "appear" to take into account a negative adjustment in Box 14H  and reduce my net income accordingly as shown in Box 14E.

Agent claimed TurboTax does not work properly when processing adjustments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies