Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

azchris

Intuit, are you listening? When are you going to support (non-browser) Turbotax on Linux?

The ONLY reason I still have a Windows PC is to run turbotax. But with Windows 10 support ending in 2025, I will likely just stop using Turbotax once Intuit ends support for Turbotax on windows 10. 

I have been using Ubuntu linux for over 10 years, Windows getting worse every year/release. 

I don't understand why Intuit can (or won't) support running it on Linux.

I have been paying close to $100 EVERY year for Turbotax. It is not enough of a cash cow for Intuit?

Come on.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Intuit, are you listening? When are you going to support (non-browser) Turbotax on Linux?

Don’t know about the future but did you know you can buy a lower version like Deluxe?  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

Something you probably don't want to hear but they'll move everything online before they start supporting another OS, such as Linux. It's just not cost effective due to lack of demand.

azchris

Yes, I have already seen the discussion/FAQ about moving to On-line versions, but what if I don't want to do that? I believe Linux OS adoption is increasing. How does an average consumer indicate a "demand" for a product?  I'm trying to express my preference for a linux version.  How hard can it really be to do this?

I have been using turbotax for about 20 years, and frankly, I see very little change in the product from year-to-year. So I assume that the majority of Intuit's development cost is making differences due to Tax laws. 

Yeah, we all have guesses as to how they may proceed in the future.

I don't really see Linux ever as an OS with TTX suppoert....they seem to have trouble enough getting the MAC versions to work right.  I suspect far more folks are using MACs than Linux...and thus, more assets need to be put into the MAC software before they even think of doing something on Linux.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies