Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Installment payment plan fees

I need to know what the fees that will be charged for doing the installment plan through turbo tax.  I have already applied to the IRS to do a 120 day payment plan which has no fees but that option is not in Turbo tax.  help
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Installment payment plan fees

Turbotax does not charge for an Installment Agreement, the IRS does.

What's New Expanded use of form. You may use Form 9465 to request to add the liability for a new tax period to an existing installment agreement. You may also use this form to request an installment agreement for the individual shared responsibility payment. Updated fee amounts. Beginning January 1, 2017, the fees for setting up an installment agreement are $225, $107 (if you make payments by direct deposit), $149 (if you set up an online payment agreement), or $31 (if you set up an online payment agreement and make payments by direct deposit). See Payment methods on page 2. There is an $89 fee to modify or reinstate an installment agreement. For low income taxpayers, the fee to set up an installment agreement is $43 or could be $31, if an online payment agreement is set up and the payments are made by direct debit.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i9465.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies