Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I've always filed electronically, what is the address it needs to be mailed to?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

If mailing the Injured Spouse form in separately, you mail it to the address where you would normally mail a tax return, which is based on your state.  Please note if you live in a community property state, the form my provide partial relief or no relief, depending on your states rules. 

You can find the address for your state here, be sure to use the address for sending in forms withOUT payment:  Where to file paper forms.  

@asocalcowboy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I called treasury it wasn’t offset! So where is it!!!!?????

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

The IRS is still processing economic impact payments for taxpayers and will continue to do so throughout the rest of 2020.  Many taxpayers have not yet been sent payments. 

You can check the status of your payment here: IRS Get my Payment tool.  Aside from this tool, there is no other way to check the status of your payment.  If you are not yet in the tool, you can try again in a few days as the tool is updated nightly. 

@Lolatalavera

In all due respect we pretty much knew what you just wrote

jessicalcora
Returning Member

I just received a letter from IRS stating $1700 was being sent to Child Support. That is my husband’s portion and one of my children. He then checked the Offset number [phone number removed] and it stated under my ssn I did not owe an offset but under his it stated that both payments of $1700  will be sent to child support. I already filed my 2019 taxes with form 8379 back in Feb and it still says processing. Who can I actually talk to?

jessicalcora
Returning Member

I already filed one with my taxes but the are “still processing” it. Do we do the new one for the stimulus amount or our taxes amount?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, there isn't anyone that you can speak with at this time as IRS offices are closed for live support and processing.  

Once your 2019 tax return is processed with the Form 8379 you may find that they will release your portion, but it may still be some time before this happens.  This assumes that you do not live in a community property state. 

@jessicalcora

jessicalcora
Returning Member

Thank goodness I am not in a community property state. It said on the recording to contact the agency the payment was sent to, should I do that?

jessicalcora
Returning Member

Are you filing the 8379 for the stimulus amount or your tax return amount?

The sad part there is no 1 at all to talk to

I have filed 8379 for the last 5 years. I received a letter from IRS stating it was kept for his past due Child support, and to get my portion I have to file another 8379 for this year!

House Democrats are proposing $2,000 coronavirus stimulus payment per month plus the extra 500 per child for 6 months. So does that mean all injured spouse filers are going to have to wait for every one we get like we are the first one? If so that's going to be a disaster. 

Unfortunately, that is the exact problem we're all having on this thread.   Someone earlier mentioned they got a hold of someone in the Treasury department and were  told the TOP folks were aware of the error, but would take months to fix.   

If you filed a injured spouse with your 2018 or 2019 taxes then don't file another form. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies