Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bj0nes

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I'm in the same situation, and the process to fix this is ridiculous and unclear!!  I

Hope there's something in the works to address this quickly!

Bj0nes

Dealing with the exact same nonsense, and I'm fuming!

I contacted my local tax advocacy an I was explained injured spouse is only for taxes  not stimulus no help at all

@Lolatalavera 

Mine had the April 15 date with a account number that wasnt mine turns out it the TOP account child support  I'm told that it will be recalculated  for my share when who knows they took 1700 all in his name and then turned around and took 1700 in both our names. But I got a letter stating where they took it and I ended up contacting the child support.  That how I actually found out and I've been told if I filed injured  spouse for the last  2 years I'll get some back hope it helps

What I’m most appalled about is that one stimulus letter comes in his name only and one in both our names. How medieval is that. He’s an individual but I’m a part of him. This whole injured spouse shouldn’t even be an issue. They should only take his stimulus PERIOD. How many men are married to the women they owe back support to? It’s ridiculous and I feel all ladies who this has happened to need to file suit against child support and the US Government. Why should we have to wait especially if you have children of your own with your husband. It’s all a sham!!!

Agreed!!

We need to file suit. This is against any civil law. One addressed to him and one to both? Is that their way of saying we don’t matter? We aren’t individual? How many men are married to women they owe child support to? It’s crooked and wrong!!

Show me the dotted line iam ready 

And we sit back and take that excuse? In the meantime we are innocent and forced to wait on something that shouldn’t be taken to begin with!!! His, yes, but not your stimulus. Tax returns are different because they have to see how much is his but stimulus they know which money belongs to who. It’s crazy and wrong wrong wrong!!! In the meantime you and your kids are suffering!! The other mother still got her stimulus!! 

I just got a call back from our local child support. They said they didn't have the money, had no idea when they would get it, had no timeline for injured spouse, basically sorry we don't care. It is so unfair how they treat us. We wouldn't owe back support if they didn't constantly add on fees and charges. We've still been paying for my oldest stepson who is 22 because the court forgot to process paperwork that I sent when he was 18 saying he was emancipated from his mother. When we found this out and asked if they could just put that thousands of dollars towards our past due, the deputy prosecutor tried but the prosecutor said no, and told my husband (who went back to college three years ago to get his degree) that he should quit school and just get a full-time job again even though he explained he was going back so he could get a better job. Mind you, even with him in school, he works to pay his support. The court constantly asks what I do for a living and how he can afford to go back to school. It is a corrupt system and they treat the non-custodial parents like garbage. We always had joint-custody until we had to move out of their district, that is when their mother sued us for support. My husband had the kids full-time prior to that and we never tried to get support from her. It is so frustrating when they took my portion and not even try to give me an answer. I file my injured spouse every year and wait patiently, but this has pushed me over the edge. In their eyes, we don't matter.

Aliz1
Returning Member

How do l file an injured spouse form for stimulus check?

My wife is disabled and on SSI so we never needed to include the IS form... Now we do due to the Stimulus payment... Where do I file the form? Is there a page I can file online? Or do I only have the mail in option since I already filed online?

You dont...it actually goes by your taxes but I believe you can file one anytime 

Everywhere I look shows only to mail in unless filing with your taxes it's just a long dragging process 

Actually my ex-wife received both of our Stimulus checks due to my arrears... we filed way before this all happened..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies