Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DP01
Level 3

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Why don't they post that update on their website to make it legit!?!?

https://fiscal.treasury.gov/top/faqs-for-the-public-covid-19.html

I filed injured spouse on my 2019 taxes husband and I filed jointly.he is disabled but said if you file jointly get back more. Our taxes wasn't processed yet and they took his and my stimulus.on the stimulus was his and my name and on other.was his name 

Drie
Level 4

@DarleneJarosz  I am a bit confused was your regular taxes taken or only your stimulus?

@Tzwinge81 That is indeed great news! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!

In my case both refund and stimulus were taken. My share of the refund may be given back once IRS processes my IS form. I truly hope that the news from one of the users is true and we get our share of the stimulus even if we have to wait 8-10 weeks. It's a start, meanwhile let's try to get as many signatures on the petition going on change.org so the current process can be changed. 

Drie
Level 4

@MeMe25  Wow really even with the injured spouse form in place your regular taxes got taken too? I haven’t gotten my normal taxes back yet but my stimulus along with my sons was taken. 

Thank you so much for that information. I'll keep all posted if I receive something before the 8-10 weeks. 

I got answers by contacting both senators, our congressman and our governor. I wrote I called. And finally with the help of Senator Leahy's office I got answers. When you cant get a straight answer you have to go straight to the top.

Join my facebook group fore updates as I get more answers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/[phone number removed]2053/?ref=share

Join my facebook group for updates as I get more answers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/[phone number removed]2053/?ref=share

@worthen-angel  If your husband is disabled and on SSI or SSD he shouldn’t be paying child support that’s the only way they can’t get it from you. He need to file a motion and state he is on it and they will terminate payments. They did that with my ex he doesn’t have to pay child support to me anymore with my kids..which hurt us but that’s the law. I would look into it if I were you.. good luck 

Drie
Level 4

@Tzwinge81 @What did you find out

They took both! I got a letter that took the stimulus, and I was told to file a second Injured Spouse form to get that returned. THEN, they took my full refund instead of only the arrears portion that was my husband's portion. 

Drie
Level 4

@DarleneJarosz @This pandemic has made so many normal situations become so intensed. This has to stop I am praying the same doesn’t happen to me this year. And then now I will have to wait for two separate monies. I understand the error with the stimulus because they didn’t think that far ahead but your normal taxes that you do yearly shouldn’t have been affected 🤦🏾‍♀️

I filed injured spouse with my 2018 and 2019 taxes, but my whole stimulus check plus my twins payments went to my husbands back child support. How is it that they say if you filed the form you will get your share. I didn't and what is even worse is why are my young twins liable for his 38 year old children from a previous marriage. When he has payments taken from his disability check every month.   Since I filed it last year why is it happening this year. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies