turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Injured spouce form

I want to fill out an injured spouse allocation form 8379, but this keeps putting me to the 8857 Innocent spouse relief
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AndreaG

Injured spouce form

The reason that you seeing an innocent spouse form is because both forms are in the same section of Turbo Tax. When you first get to this section, it will ask if you want to file an injured spouse or innocent spouse claim and you would say, yes. Then it wil start asking questions about innocent spouse. Dont address these questions; just scroll to the bottom and click "continue. After you get through the innocent spouse screens, Turbo Tax will start asking you questions about the injured spouse claim.

To file this claim in Turbo Tax:

• click "take me to my return"
  • click on the "federal taxes" tab
  • click on "other tax situations"
  • scroll down to "report an injured or innocent spouse claim" and click "start"
  • The next screen that comes up says, "do you want to claim innocent spouse or injured spouse". answer yes
  • The first screens that come up are for filing an innocent spouse claim. Just go to the bottom of these screens and click on "continue". 
  • The next set of screens will ask you questions about your injured spouse claim. When you get to the screen that says, "tell us more about your situation", it is important to include a checkmark next to each of the circumstances that apply to your situation. 

Please refer to the following FAQ to learn more about filing this claim in Turbo Taxhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3326788

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies