Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Information gathered by Intuit

Since I'm allowed to do up to five returns with my software on my PC.  I'd like to know then will the personal information from my family members and friends whose taxes I complete on my PC with my software be somehow gathered from Intuit and always associated with my account?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

When you use the CD/download the tax files are only stored on your own hard drive.  No one's tax returns are going to be stored online with TurboTax if you prepare other family member's returns using your PC.   Their returns will only be stored on YOUR hard drive or any back up device you use like a flash drive.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Make sure to give your families copies of their completed returns (printed or PDF).  

Possibly Intuit does not keep complete records of each return but I am aware that they gather whats called non identifier information. For me that is not acceptable. We only need read the long privacy and user agreements. . When I purchase a product I expect total anonymity, no one needs to know anything about me, my ip address, my phone number and on and on. The new rules to validate the product will keep me from ever buying this product again, very disappointed as a long time user.

And no offense but when answers to questions come from other users and not Intuit employees I am very skeptical of the accuracy. You're providing a service for Intuit at no cost to them and also at no liability to them if your responses are not accurate.

Well---guess we are all off the hook for trying to help you further since you do not trust our knowledge. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Understand, you've never been on the hook, as witnessed by the "Disclaimer" that appears after every answer:

This is why I have a lack on confidence. Regards, no need to respond further these posts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies