Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kjrdawson
Returning Member

IND-181-01 Unable to set up account with irs.gov. To get it. Never got notice. How can I get this 6 digit #?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

IND-181-01 Unable to set up account with irs.gov. To get it. Never got notice. How can I get this 6 digit #?

You can use the IRS online tool Get an IP PIN or visit Retrieve Your IP PIN for more information.

Please see this TurboTax article for assistance:  E-file reject IND-181-01: The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for the first taxpayer on your return...

Kjrdawson
Returning Member

That is the issue. I am unable to create an account on irs.gov so I can even generate or retrieve my identity protection pin. I continue getting error message info doesn’t match our records. Lock out 24 hrs try again. It’s been almost a week of attempts

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you. Under normal conditions this number is valid  however, it may be temporarily out of service.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies