Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Incorrect TTax Treatment of IRS Refund?

Look at the screenshot I posted ... the program asks for the taxable portion and if you don't know it then the hyperlink gives you the info you need to figure it out.   Helpful hyperlinks are all thru the program so if you have any questions click on them for assistance. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@DFH wrote:

@rjs 

Wouldn't it be helpful if Intuit would maintain on-line a searchable list of the situations which the various versions of TurboTax don't handle properly

@DFH 

They do maintain a (very long) list.

Are there any personal (individual) tax situations or calculations that TurboTax doesn't handle?

The description of this particular situation in the list is a little messed up. It doesn't seem to get updated correctly from year to year. That's why I didn't reference it. But it's clear what they're trying to say.

DFH
Level 3

@rjs 

Thank you for the link.  I've bookmarked it.

Even though I've used TurboTax from its earliest days distributed on 5.25-inch-flopy disks (when it was published by ChipSoft(?)), and participated on this form in recent years, I hadn't encountered that webpage.  I wonder how Intuit could make more TurboTax users of CD or download versions aware of that resource.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies