Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Incorrect State and Employer ID entered

On my 2019 W2 I have an IA and NE employer ID number.  When I completed my state return, I just included the NE and the employer ID number instead of including the IA employer ID number.  Do I need to amend my IA state tax return? 

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Incorrect State and Employer ID entered

If your return was accepted, you don't need to amend your return. Your state department of revenue is able to identify your employer from their 9-digit federal EIN.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings