Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Incorrect information after importing previous year return, what do I do?

I also am having the same issue, and so glad I have saved a PDF because the filing was wrong, and I have my receipts of what we owed, but the errors showing from last year says I owe. I hope this doesn't withhold on my return this year. 

When mine was incorrect.  I found that under refunds I had an entry for my state tax where I actually owed for that state.  The refund listed was $0 so it should have been okay, but after deleting it, everything was correct.   Go figure.

TTax made an error in not including 2 of the 9 MFunds data (in one P'folio-same name but different a/ct #). One v.good reply from Gi..D. How to do the correction?

TaxPayer2015
Returning Member

I don't see an option to import previous year's return again.  How do I repeat this step so I can import the right information for last year?

You can only transfer into a new blank return.   So you would have to start over to transfer again.

To transfer again in the Online version you have to clear and start over

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

TaxPayer2015
Returning Member

Thanks for the information and quick response!  Do I need to import last year's return?  Shall I just move forward with this year's return?  It's a lot of information to re-enter.

Depends what would be different on last year transfer.  It may not affect this year.  Or you can probably fix it as you go along.  Sure, keep going forward and see if your 2021 return is ok without transferring again.

SpencerAz

Hi,

I've started using TT2022 desktop (Windows) and when I imported my 2021 info  from (TT desktop), it showed a slightly different value for my state refund..about $12 more.  I'm trying to find out where TT2022 is getting this info from.  I checked my printed PDF file for my state 2021 and the value is right and I got correct refund value from my state last year.  Any help would be appreciated.  I wish TT would be more transparent as to where it got the extra $12 value.

Spencer

JulieS
Expert Alumni

If you did not amend your state return last year, the difference may have come from an update to your software after you filed your return. 

The software is updated several times during the course of tax season and occasionally the updates change your return slightly. 

It is important to make sure your 2022 information is correct, so please change the state tax refund amount to the amount that you actually received. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies