In TurboTax Online, you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns using the same email address but a different login for each account.
Never start another return by going back and overwriting everything in the return you just filed. This will replace your info, which means you won't be able to retrieve your return later.
Follow this procedure to create another TurboTax Online account/login:
- Sign out of your current TurboTax Online account/login.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
- You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
- Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
After you've created the new account/login, you can start working on the second return.