turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

blogth

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B & C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenaC

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B & C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

In the TurboTax Desktop program, if a 1095-A has an amount in Column A but nothing in Columns B or C. an error is incorrectly generated.  The program will not allow blank or zero dollar amounts in column B or C.

Workaround:

If you are impacted by this issue following steps will allow you to get past this error and file:

1. Select Wages & Income at top of screen
  2. Go back to Health Insurance section
  3. continue thru the screens - do NOT edit the 1095A
  4. finish the Health Insurance section

Solution:

We are aware of this experience and will be resolving this issue in a product update currently scheduled for 4/27/2018

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6850199

The amount in column B can't be zero. You must enter the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP). The SLCSP is the second-lowest priced health insurance plan in the Silver category that was available when you applied for insurance at Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

The amount in column C can be zero if you didn't take a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums.

• If you did get a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums, enter in the monthly amount in column C.

If you need additional help with your 1095-A, contact the Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov or 1-800-318-2596.

Related information:

[Edited 4-11-18|6:22 am]

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Part III column A & have a amount and C is zero. I can't got thru this step
hollosi

same here.
HelenaC

Please see my updated my answer.

same here
HelenaC

In the TurboTax Desktop program, if a 1095-A has an amount in Column A but nothing in Columns B or C. an error is incorrectly generated.  The program will not allow blank or zero dollar amounts in column B or C.

Workaround:

If you are impacted by this issue following steps will allow you to get past this error and file:

1. Select Wages & Income at top of screen
  2. Go back to Health Insurance section
  3. continue thru the screens - do NOT edit the 1095A
  4. finish the Health Insurance section

Solution:

We are aware of this experience and will be resolving this issue in a product update currently scheduled for 4/27/2018

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6850199

The amount in column B can't be zero. You must enter the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP). The SLCSP is the second-lowest priced health insurance plan in the Silver category that was available when you applied for insurance at Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

The amount in column C can be zero if you didn't take a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums.

• If you did get a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums, enter in the monthly amount in column C.

If you need additional help with your 1095-A, contact the Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov or 1-800-318-2596.

Related information:

[Edited 4-11-18|6:22 am]

blogth

Thanks, but my 1095-A Marketplace Statement has all 00.0 in Cols B & C. Really. Perhaps there was no SLCSP in my state?
HelenaC

Your 1095-A is wrong/incomplete. This happens more often than you think. Every state has an SLCSP. Did you go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.healthcare.gov">www.healthcare.gov</a> and use the Health coverage tax tool I linked above? Each person has a their own SLCSP.
tomsax

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B &amp; C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

My 1095-A has no entries in Column. I received no subsidy to help pay my health insurance premiums. I've tried leaving the entries in that column blank and filling them with 0.00. Either way, I get the "please enter an amount" for each of those cells. It won't let me continue.
elopinto

1095-A data entry error message "Please enter an amount", for all 12 Part III column B &amp; C. I did (all 00.00). Can't get past this. Suggestions?

I am experiencing the same issue. I entered the SLCSP in column B. However, I did not take any advance premium payments, so column C is all 0. However, when I enter 0.00 in column C, TurboTax shows me the warning: "Please enter an amount". How can I make TurboTax accept 0, which is the correct amount?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here on column C. It doesn't accept zero or no value.
HelenaC

Please see my updated answer.
elopinto

That worked, thanks.
HelenaC

You're welcome. Thank you for using TurboTax.

The $0.01 workaround was successful, however, it obliterated all the deductions TurboTax had calculated when I started entering the SLCSP in column B.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies