In the attachments, form 8453-S is signed. When I view my tax return, it is not signed. How do I get the return to use the signed attachment?

I'm using TurboTax Business for S Corps

"How do I get the return to use the signed attachment?"

TurboTax Business does not save the signed 8453-S attachment in its list of forms that you prepared. 

Rather, the program uses the file that you uploaded from your computer (the one where you printed the 8453-S, signed and then scanned the signed form and saved that file to a location on your computer). 

Again, TurboTax uses the correct form and, if you need a copy, you can simply print it out from the PDF file you generated and save it with the rest of your printed return.

My return was submitted without my signature. What do I do now?

TurboTax is an authorized return originator. They certify to the IRS that every return they submit is signed by the taxpayer. So, the IRS does not receive a signed copy of form 8453-S, the signed copy is retained by Turbotax as proof that you signed the form giving them authorization to file it. TurboTax is authorized to file the return after getting your signed approval.

How can I confirm the signed 8453-S is attached before I transmit.  It only shows the unsigned doc in my file of docs to be emailed.

@kent_mil1 wrote:

If you scanned the form you signed and uploaded that form to TurboTax Business, then that is the form (which is signed by you) that is attached to the return.

The 8453-S in the list of forms is just the unsigned, generic 8453-S, not the form you uploaded as an attachment.

Please resolve whether the signed 8453 is attached to the filed return or just kept at TT.  See the explanation from my responses which says the 8453 is not attached, but kept at TT.  which is correct??

Either way, TT should state in the program which is correct so we don't waste time trying, unsuccessfully, to verify it is attached.

@kent_mil1 wrote:

See the explanation from my responses which says the 8453 is not attached, but kept at TT.  which is correct?

The PDF can be, and should be, saved with your .tax2019 file. The signed form is transmitted along with your income tax return. I am not sure how much more detail you want or need.