turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am tring to file taxes 2016,although I do not see a prompt for it?

I have adopted  my grandson and bacame finalized  in Nov. 2017. Thereforei did not file for 2016 due to not having his S.S #. Now I have optained,and I dont see a prompt to take me back to 2016. I have  filed through turbo tax in the past when I had no dependants to claim. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

In order to file a 2016 return, you will need to use the TurboTax Desktop software. TurboTax Online is not available for prior-year tax returns. You will need to purchase a TurboTax CD/Download for Windows or Mac, simply purchase the software for 2016 and install it on your computer. Once complete you’ll need to print and mail your return since prior year returns can no longer be e-filed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

In order to file a 2016 return, you will need to use the TurboTax Desktop software. TurboTax Online is not available for prior-year tax returns. You will need to purchase a TurboTax CD/Download for Windows or Mac, simply purchase the software for 2016 and install it on your computer. Once complete you’ll need to print and mail your return since prior year returns can no longer be e-filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies