Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dasiefker

In KY state taxes, schedule KW-2, I can only enter full dollars, won't let me enter cents. Rejected, because amounts don't equal what was on federal return. What do I do?

On my state taxes, Kentucky, it prompts me to complete schedule KW-2. It has a line for each W-2, including "State Wages (box 16)" and "Income Tax Withheld (Box 17)." When I try to enter the amounts, I can only enter the full dollar amount (e.g. 12,345.). As soon as I try to add the cents, it blanks them out (e.g. 12,345.67, the 6 and 7 are immediately removed as soon as I type them)

I tried just leaving it like that and rounding (round up for wages and down for withholdings), but my return was rejected with the following message: "Form 740, Kentucky tax withheld must equal the addition of all state withholding amounts from all federal form W-2's and W-2G's where the state abbreviation code listed is KY. This amount should also include all withholding amounts from federal Form 1099R, 1099G, 1099INT, and 1099MISC where the state abbreviation code listed is KY. This amount can also include the Amount from federal form W-2 where box 14 Description equals KREDA."

I assume it was rejected because the amounts differ by the cents (less than $1). What do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dasiefker

In KY state taxes, schedule KW-2, I can only enter full dollars, won't let me enter cents. Rejected, because amounts don't equal what was on federal return. What do I do?

Found out the problem: apparently I didn't round correctly. In the federal return it had rounded up, and I had rounded down when it prompted me to fill out the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies