June 4, 2019 4:51 PM
No, I have two different 1099. one is asking me to double click and fill out box 7 and the other is to fill out box 3. I attempt to fill them out with a dollar amount and it continues to not allow me. What do I need to fill it with?
I am not sure how you entered but here is the correct procedure:
- Sign in to TurboTax Online, click Continue your return, then pick up where I left off (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer).
- Click on Federal Taxes at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of Your Income box pick the option in blue to help me add other income, then jump to full list;
- Scroll down the page to the last section titled: Less common Income and click show more;
- Select start or update next to the last topic titled Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C;
- Scroll down to the last option titled Other reportable income and select start or edit;
- When it asks, "Any other reportable income?" say yes then type in a description and the amount to report it on your tax return.
This will place it on line 21 of your Form 1040
You can enter a 1099-MISC on the 1099-MISC Summary screen.
- Sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.
- Click "search" and search for 1099-misc.
- Select the Jump to 1099-misc link in the search results.
- Select Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
- If you need to enter another 1099-MISC, select Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.
- If your form has an amount in more than one box, you’ll need to enter them as separate 1099-MISC forms. We’ll help you with that.