turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In 2019 my income was over $50000.I worked on 3 job. All 3 jobs, 1099 job.On one of the jobs, i only earned $11500,can i not include that job in my income tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

In 2019 my income was over $50000.I worked on 3 job. All 3 jobs, 1099 job.On one of the jobs, i only earned $11500,can i not include that job in my income tax?

No you cannot pick and choose which income you would like to report on your income tax return.  ALL of your 2019 income must be reported on your 2019 tax return, even if it was a few dollars of interest.  You cannot leave out $11,500 of income.  Do remember that those 1099Misc forms that were issued to you also went to the IRS.  The IRS expects  the income you put on your tax return to match what was reported to them.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

xmasbaby0 answer would be correct if the amount was only $115.00

You have to report ALL your income no matter how small.  Even $1 of bank interest you don't get a 1099 for.

Of course. IRS will be happy to forgo the tax on your income of 11.500 when you explain it was just too troublesome to report such a small amount..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies