toriancrane

In 2019 I sold a few company RSUs. These amounts were included as a part of my earnings in my W2. Do I also need to report the selling of these RSUs separately (Sched D)?

Irene2805

Yes - You need to report the sale of the RSUs.

For a TurboTax Support Video on entering RSUs, please click here:  How do I enter Restricted Stock Units (RSU) sales in TurboTax Online? 

For more information, please see this TurboTax article:  How to Report RSUs or Stock Grants on Your Tax Return

TomYoung

You may, or may not need to report the stock sales, depending on circumstances.

If the sales were made some time after the vesting date then you will receive a 1099-B, and you will need to report the sales.  Understand that the basis reported on the 1099-B will almost certainly be $0, which is not correct.  Your per share basis is the same as the per share "fair market value" used by your employer to calculate the compensation received: GROSS number of shares received x per share FMV. 

If the sales were "same day" sales - stock sold simultaneously with the vesting - then you may or may not receive a 1099-B.  If you do receive a 1099-B then you certainly will have to report the sale; the typical "same day" sale results in a small loss due to selling commissions and fees.  If you don't receive a 1099-B then you don't have to report the sale, though you may want to, just to recognize the small loss.