Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryavatkar

importing tax doc from my bank

When I try to import tax statement from my bank, Intuit first asks me tol login and then asks to enable access to all my monthly sttaements and bank transactions and NOT just the tax statements. why is that? It is completely unnecessary for Turbotax to access my statements or detailed transactions

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The instructions below are for importing your documents into TurboTax.  You can choose to type the information yourself.  

If your broker or financial institution is on our list of TurboTax Import Partners, you can securely import the following forms into TurboTax:

If your financial institution isn't a preferred partner, you can upload the forms from your computer or type it in yourself. You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.

Follow these instructions to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Tip: Be sure to select the correct financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ryavatkar

this response is NOT helpful. I asked a question why Intuit wants to import information other than tax documents such as detailed transactions and monthly statements when I ask it to import docs from my bank.  that si unnecessarily intrusive and want to understand why it is so. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies