Form 1099-B (Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions) reports the sale of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities.
Form 1099-B is included in TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, TurboTax Self-Employed, and TurboTax Live Self-Employed (online), and in all personal CD/Download versions of TurboTax.
Here's where you enter or import your 1099-B in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return, if you haven't already
- Locate the search bar. Search for 1099-B, then select the Jump to link in the search results
- Select Okay! on the screen Time to kick off your investments! OR Yes on the screen Did you sell any of these investments? then Continue
- If you see Your investments and savings or Your investment sales summary, select Add investments or Add more sales
- When you reach Let's import your tax info, choose how you want to enter your 1099-B:
- To import your form, select your brokerage or financial institution from the list. Enter your sign-in credentials for your account, then select Get my form
- If you want to enter your 1099-B manually, select Enter a different way, then select your investment type on the next screen
- On the following screens, answer the questions about your 1099-B
- When you reach the Review your sales screen, the form you just entered should be listed
- If you need to add another 1099-B, select Add another sale. Otherwise, Continue