Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jonisin2it
Returning Member

Importing forms from financial firms--the good, the bad and the ugly

I switched from TaxAct to Turbotax hoping to use the import capability as I have many forms from TY2022.  The results have been mixed, but mainly bad and ugly.  Here is what I found.  It would be great to hear the experiences from others.

• Vanguard Brokerage worked. 
  • Vanguard Fiduciary Trust (Mutual Funds) did not work.  Maybe because I am no longer a Vanguard client. 
  • Fidelity (company pension held at Fidelity) did not work.  No one at Fidelity seems to have any information about this. 
  • Fidelity HSA did not work.  Again no one at Fidelity seems to have any information about this.
  • Schwab didn't work but got a message saying import should work beginning February 18.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You would follow the instructions here to import into Turbo Tax. 

If you need assistance with importing, please click here to contact us by phone. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If Pension Benefits 1099-R were in Fidelity NetBenefits website, then those 1099-R forms have never been available to any software company as a direct import (for last 15 years at least). Might change in the Furure, but so far not. 

IF HSA account is in the same NetBenefits website..I suspect the same thing. but I've never had one to see what's available.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
jonisin2it
Returning Member

Update.  My problems with Vanguard were caused by me.  Was able to import all forms.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies