turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I Change the adjusted gross income I reported to turbo tax today for 2018 for 2020 stimulus check as I reported wrong amount

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

How do I Change the adjusted gross income I reported to turbo tax today for 2018 for 2020 stimulus check as I reported wrong amount

Are you saying that your 2018 AGI was incorrect? If so, you will need to amend your 2018 return in order to correct this. Please read on to learn more: 

You can amend returns that have been accepted by the IRS. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you don't know your e-file status, we can help you check it.

Select a tax year for specific amending instructions.

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return (or 2 years after you paid the tax due, whichever is later) to file an amended return, which means you don't have to get it done by the April 15 filing deadline.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Deedee3x

I filed my 2019 tax return with turbo taxes I tried to check my “payment status “ for my stimulus check and it’s saying information incorrect what do I do?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS has a Websites to update information and check your filing status. 

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies