Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mareich49
Returning Member

Import Tax Data From Edward Jones (2022)

It seems ridiculous to have an import problem every year - my error message is complaining my login and password are incorrect, yet I'm using the same credentials to login to EJones right now.  Clearing cache and cookies seems to be a weird solution, if the Turbotax software is supposed to be doing the import, not whatever browser I am using.  So what's the underlying issue and how is it resolved?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see What if I can't import my 1099? for instructions. 

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@mareich49 

mareich49
Returning Member

Thanks, but those "plain vanilla" guides are of little to no use.  What did resolve the problem was a call to the Edward Jones support line.  The very nice rep suggested trying a different browser.  I had been using Google Chrome when I had the error messages from Turbotax and didn't understand why a browser was involved in the download (I thought TT was doing a 'direct' download).  The Edward Jones rep also didn't understand what was going on under the hood.  However, when I tried logging in with the Safari browser, Turbotax was able to complete the downloads.  So, we don't know why the problem occurred, or why the browser swap resolved the problem, but it did.   It's peculiar problems like this that seem to occur every year to prevent data transfer that make me not a happy customer.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the update! We are glad you were able to get the downloads completed. 

@mareich49 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies