We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience. Thank you for your participation and patience.
a. Check Availability
b. Remove state and try again
If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
- Sign out of TurboTax.
- Sign back in.
- E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.
c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:
- Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
- Click Tools, and then
- Click Share my file with Agent.
- A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
- Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:
- Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
- Select Send Tax File to Agent.
- A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box. Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I had the same problem today. A Turbo tax representative was NOT helpful and suggested redoing my taxes even though I already paid for services. The problem I found, was in the state return. There were 1 or 2 State tax forms that were not supported for efiling. I went back to filing and clicked that I was not ready to file the state taxes. Then I was able to efile my federal taxes with no problem. Will probably need to mail the state forms. Such aggravation. Turbo Tax should have known this would be an issue and let people know before hand.
So this is what I did and now it worked:
a)I logged off and logged back in,
b)then I removed the State returns and
c)put the State returns back
and then I was able to file them. Try that