turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sadlerb21

Im having to file a 4852 form and I dont have a Employer's ID # for the new company

The company SBAUSTIN LLC went bankrupt and opened TV &VV LLC, and paid me through the new company. It was the same employers, just a new company name. I ONLY received a w-2 for SBAustin, not TV & VV, and I only have an Employer ID number for SBAustin, not TV & VV LLC
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JaimeG

Im having to file a 4852 form and I dont have a Employer's ID # for the new company

While filling out form 4852, the section for EIN (Employer Identification Number) only needs to be completed if it is known. If you don't have it you can leave this blank.

For more information regarding Form 4852, Substitute W2 please visit the FAQ and the IRS link below:
https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-4852

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5451995

For the UK pension payer there is no Employer ID and a blank column 6 for Payer's TIN on Form 4852 was accepted by Turbo tax in previous years, but for year 2021 it is being treated as an error. Putting 99-99999 etc does not help as TT still treats it as an error.

The form says 'payer's TIN (if known)'. So a blank space should be acceptable as in previous years? 

What to do?

You will leave it blank and ignore the error for this message  and choose to mail in the return ... you will NOT be able to efile it. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies