Solved: Illinois base income taxed by Ohio. Do I include the state and local wages / taxes paid? The local wages is higher than the state wages on my W2.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Illinois base income taxed by Ohio. Do I include the state and local wages / taxes paid? The local wages is higher than the state wages on my W2.

Filing Illinois state taxes as a resident of IL.  There is a check box under "other state taxes paid to" for local/city taxes.  Does that get checked?  Also, not sure which W2 box to use for state wages since the local/city wages indicates higher wages than the Ohio state wages.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Illinois base income taxed by Ohio. Do I include the state and local wages / taxes paid? The local wages is higher than the state wages on my W2.

Yes, you will check the box and you will enter the amount for the Local/City as on your W2.  This will get you the correct credit so you are not double taxed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, you will check the box and you will enter the amount for the Local/City as on your W2.  This will get you the correct credit so you are not double taxed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings