Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If you import from Square, but your item prices in square included the sales tax in the price (instead of adding sales tax as a separate line), how to now add sales tax?

Example: My bag of dog treats in Square was imported as a set item with a cost of $12.  This $12 was a flat rate that included sales tax.  I did not have Square calculate and add on the taxes.  So now Square cannot correctly calculate the taxes I collected (& paid).  How can I enter the total tax amounts i collected through Square so I can report accurately and get the proper tax deductions?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

If you import from Square, but your item prices in square included the sales tax in the price (instead of adding sales tax as a separate line), how to now add sales tax?

What is the sales tax rate you charge?

8.9% (Broken down into state, city, county and transportation)

ee-ea
Level 15

Multiply total charge by  .91827 to find price.

$12 x .91827=     $11.02  price

$11.02 X 8.9%=  $     .98  tax

$12.00    total

Sales tax is  total charge x .081726

How did you get the .91827?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies