turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rj0201

How long do I have to put in the right AGI, I will need a transcript mailed to me in order to do so, since I can't find my copy and entered the wrong amount

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How long do I have to put in the right AGI, I will need a transcript mailed to me in order to do so, since I can't find my copy and entered the wrong amount

If you have taxes owed, you have until April 18, 2017 to e-file or print your tax return and pay the taxes owed.  You can file an extension, Form 4868, which would give you an extra 6 months to file the 2016 return but the taxes owed are still due on or before April 18, 2017. 

If you have a tax refund you have up to three years from the April 18, 2017 due date to file your tax return for a refund.  There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date for a tax refund.

The 2015 AGI is only needed to e-file a tax return.  It is not needed to print and mail a tax return.  You can e-file a 2016 tax return using TurboTax until October 16, 2017.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have taxes owed, you have until April 18, 2017 to e-file or print your tax return and pay the taxes owed.  You can file an extension, Form 4868, which would give you an extra 6 months to file the 2016 return but the taxes owed are still due on or before April 18, 2017. 

If you have a tax refund you have up to three years from the April 18, 2017 due date to file your tax return for a refund.  There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date for a tax refund.

The 2015 AGI is only needed to e-file a tax return.  It is not needed to print and mail a tax return.  You can e-file a 2016 tax return using TurboTax until October 16, 2017.

rj0201

Thank You, The IRS rejected the E-File for having the wrong amount and I would rather e-file our return. I just didn't know if I had a time limit to do so. Thank you so much for the information, it was very helpful.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies