Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need my prior year AGI

Dear sir/madam

I can not get my prior year's AGI info, as I forgot my password to enter account. I did work in California for 1 year and did apply for 2017 taxes. Currently I am trying to get my tax return of 2018 and I created a new account, but do not have information of 2017 w2 form. When I tried to submit a request and get a password of my previous account I firstly attached a picture of my international passport and had a reply, saying: "We received your request to change the e-mail address associated with your Turbo Tax account. After researching we have found that the address listed on your ID and/or submission form does not match the address we have listed in your account records." Afterwards I attached my California ID which were expired, as I was an intern in USA for 1 year and went back in Ukraine in May 2018. After my second request I got an email, saying: "For security reasons, we are unable at this time to process your desired e-mail change. I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to accept expired forms of identification.  We require current documentation that establishes your identity (ID with your name and address). We can accept these documents as digital scans.  Any photo ID submitted should be clear enough to make out the features of the person pictured in the ID."

Please, observe records: (# removed) and (# removed) to confirm my identification, so I can get my prior AGI and get a return of my 2018 taxes. I can add additional identification if needed.

Please, assist me. Thank you in advance.

Iaroslav Kostenko.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Need my prior year AGI

If you have filed a 2017 tax return with IRS, instead of going through all the hassles obtaining the information, the best and fast way to access the 2017 AGI is to order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here  Get Transcript  and select "Get Transcript Online "

On the transcript, look under section "Adjustment to Income" and find the amount for Adjusted Gross Income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies