If you filed the extension from within TurboTax, the amount of your payment should be automatically entered in your tax return. It should be on Form 1040 line 70, or included in the total on Form 1040A line 46 or Form 1040EZ line 9, with the amount of the payment shown to the left of the total on that line. If the payment is not automatically entered, you will have to enter it yourself.
Here's how to enter the amount you paid with the extension into TurboTax.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab. (In TurboTax Home & Business click the Personal tab.)
- Click Deductions & Credits.
- Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
- On the screen "Your 2015 Deductions & Credits," scroll down to the section "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid."
- Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Other Income Taxes."
- Under the heading "Payments with Extension," click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Payment with 2015 federal extension."
Still have questions?Make a post